Below is some information on what you need to know about changes to the A2P 8XX Toll-Free messaging ecosystem:
- Effective May 15, 2022, all new 8XX Toll-Free numbers must complete the compliance verification process by attaching Verified Sender Forms to 8XX Toll-Free numbers and feature orders. Please see the .docx attached to this article for the appropriate form.
This process ensures that the services running on Toll-Free numbers comply with Industry and Carrier policies and best practices. It also provides operators with relevant service information to reduce the likelihood of false-positive filtering and wrongful SPAM blocks.
Existing 8XX TFNs that are not verified will need to complete verification before September 30, 2022.
This decision has been made to ensure that the 8XX Toll-Free messaging channel is aligned with both short-code and A2P 10DLC, whereby all services are reviewed, and the sending brand and the type of traffic they deliver are known, documented, and verified.
Timeline of changes to the A2P 8XX Toll-Free messaging process:
Starting on May 15, 2022:
TSG Global will be making system workflow changes that will not be deployed to production by May 15, 2022, to accommodate this change due to a lack of planning from the ecosystem partners regarding this change.
Manual steps will be required to provision new 8XX Toll-Free numbers with messaging as follows:
- 8XX Toll-Free messaging provisioning will be disabled on your account (where applicable).
- This will not impact existing numbers and will not impact traffic (although we recommend submitting Verified Sender forms for existing numbers starting now ahead of September 30, 2022, so that you are prepared for the deadline).
- Submit a list of Toll-Free Numbers (TFNs) and associated verified sender forms to email@example.com, which will create a tracking ticket.
- The verification team will enable messaging on TFNs after the required verification process is completed.
Starting on September 30th, 2022:
Any current/existing 8XX TFNs that are not verified will need to complete verification. Any 8XX TFNs that have not been processed through the "Verified Sender" process will be subject to possible blocking.
If you have questions or need assistance with any of the information provided, please don't hesitate to reach out to our messaging experts at firstname.lastname@example.org